The Forensic Geology Working Group has now been promoted as a separate IUGS Initiative outside GEM. The Forensic Geology Initiative website can be accessed through:
http://forensicgeologyinternational.org/ or http://forensicgeologyinternational.com/
Aims and objectives of the IUGS-GEM Working Group on Forensic Geology
The aim of this working group is to develop forensic geology internationally and promote its applications
The objectives are to:
- Collate and disseminate data and information on forensic geology applied to policing and law enforcement, criminal and civil investigations.
- Promote international meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Develop an international ‘Working Group’ whereby each ‘Member’ will act as a principal contact in their respective country for the collation and dissemination of information on forensic geology.
- Develop a ‘Steering Group Committee’ to act as principal advisers and collaborators.
- Collate and review any existing documentation and publications in forensic geology.
- Produce a document endorsed by the Steering Group Committee and Members to be called ‘A Guide to Forensic Geology’.